EU rules and international law have a big influence on the everyday life of Danish authorities and businesses and play a part in various ways. EU law has a profound effect on many legal issues in Denmark as a large part of Danish law originates from legal steps taken by the EU. The courts of the EU also play a big role and contribute through landmark decisions to the rapid development in EU law and consequently Danish law.
We assist our clients with complying with EU rules and other international obligations. We negotiate in the EU, particularly with the European Commission, and cooperate on an ongoing basis on matters where it is necessary to be in contact with the institutions of the EU, the European Commission and the European Parliament.
We cover all areas of EU law and international law, including:
- the free movement of goods, persons, services and capital
- interpretation of the EU Treaty, the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TEUF), regulations, directives and EU case law
- implementation of directives and administration of regulations
- interpretation of international conventions and case law
- fundamental rights, for example labour rights and social rights
We are the only law firm in Denmark with a specialised team focusing exclusively on EU law. The team have in-depth knowledge of EU law and the interaction with the world in which our clients operate.